Join us for a new program dedicated to past, present, and future innovations in aviation and space. Below are some of the activities you can expect to find.
See more than 50 vintage, recreational, and home-built aircraft flown in for one day only. Meet the pilots and talk about how and why they fly. See vintage cars paired by era with the airplanes. Other activities include:
- Explore the engineering and design innovations that have taken place since flight began more than 100 years ago.
- View more than 50 visiting aircraft on display for one day only, and sit in the cockpits if allowed (weather permitting).
- Hear from NASA astronaut Clayton C. Anderson (at 11:30 am) and get a copy of his book signed (from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm).
- Participate in hands-on, STEM-based educational activities; demonstrations; and story times.
- Learn about non-piloted aircraft.
- Enjoy a film in the Airbus IMAX Theater that allows you to soar through the skies in various aircraft or venture into space.
- Meet with the Museum’s Archives staff and see how they use historical documents to help with the restoration and maintenance of aircraft.
- Enter a drawing to win one of four pairs of roundtrip tickets on Southwest Airlines.